Pooja Jeevagan's Reviews > The Rozabal Line

The Rozabal Line by Ashwin Sanghi

did not like it

Finally I did finish it...and that's what mattered the most to me..this has been a novel which made me resolve never to buy a novel just because u liked another one from the author...Reading Chankya's Chant, and finishing Krishna Key before I could finish this one (which took me like what...7-8 months) I knew he is not a light author...he researches, and brings in a lot of history, science, mythology and all other stuff in his novel including picture clue, anagram and all...

And then of course, he is compared to Dan Brown...all respect to the author, but Dan Brown never got so tough to finish..you don't just keep bringing 200 characters in a 300 page novel...I lost count of the time zones, religions and characters you were trying to decipher...and I still don't know how the title connects to the novel...shouldn't it still be "La Sara Kali"...

Or the heck of it, how come a novel finishes on the line this one does...I don't know if there were even 25 bakes in these 345 pages I really could connect to..

No, I am no literature freak...the book might be one artistic piece, but this one, definitely isn't a piece you can love, or really connect to...not at the normal reader lever..and rest, to each, comes his own choice :)

***************************************************************************************************

A pretty confusing book till now...specially when I find atleast a couple of new characters being introduced in every page...it's a struggle to actually realize which names and characters u r supposed to remember for future reference n which to take on easy...

Sighs, already finished a book before completing this...and started another...hopefully I would finish this one sooner or later...if Chanakya's chant was a lil tough to track, this is tha baap of it :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rozabal Line.

March 25, 2012 – Shelved
April 14, 2012 – Started Reading
May 10, 2012 –
page 100
35.97% "One day, in some near future (doesn't look like this year), I'll finish you..."
August 24, 2012 –
page 228
November 24, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

Ajith can't agree with you more! I guess the problem is he reads a lot (including garbage) and mixes everything together and tag it as Fiction

Pooja Jeevagan I won't be that cruel...I did like Chanakya's Chant...Krishna Key was fine too (though nothing great) but well, this definitely was a disaster...

Just wondering why it was written with a pseudo name :)

Ajith to connect with foreigners :)

message 4: by Parth (new)

Parth What the heck..
I read Chanakyas Chant

message 5: by Parth (new)

Parth What the heck..
I read Chanakya's Chant and wanted to read more from this author..
But the reviews for both the other books, this one and krishna key doesn't create that zeel in me to read these books..

message 6: by Parth (new)

Parth *zeal

Parul I still haven't been able to and it's already 4 months. It is so boring. And I don't know why I keep remembering movie kill bill whenever I pick this novel again to read. :))

Ajith @partha I guess readrrs should note down characters and links to ensure smooth reading for these kind of novels - kind of like gajini

Pooja Jeevagan @Ajith, nice idea...and I suggest people to take help of other people's bodies to...one man's chest and back isn't enough to make note of all names and characters in this book :)

@Parul...we all have been there...I don't know how I managed to finish it...just that I finished it...somehow!!

message 10: by Unnikrishnan (new)

Unnikrishnan Something is missing in this book.

message 11: by Parry (new) - added it

Parry Srivastava i bought this just a few days back..thinking it would be like chanakyas chant. i read chanakyas chant first then krishna key...and found the second one a little disappointing as compared to chankyas chant..I was hoping rozabel would be better but after reading your review am not even sure if I should start it!

message 12: by Pooja (new) - rated it 1 star

Pooja Jeevagan Start it for sure...would you ever finish it, is the main question :D

Bijith MB Interstingly, me too chose this book after bowled over by Chanakya Chant. But unlike your experience, I loved reading it and finished first half over night !!! Let me see what it leaves me with ;)

message 14: by Pooja (new) - rated it 1 star

Pooja Jeevagan Oh wow...so I finally found someone who liked it...I just couldn't stand by it...

message 15: by Divz (new) - added it

Divz HAHA I agree with you totally at Dan Brown being much easier to read. I started the book picked it put 3 times with the aim of finishing it but couldn't. I find that disturbing considering I read books for survival. So yeah i know how this book feels.

Deepak Juneja in total agreement with u Pooja, the rozabal line was a total disaster, after finishing it I am questioning my own judgement on why did I chose to first start reading it and how and why did I carried on till the end, am yet to read such a confusing novel

Siddharth Sainath same thoughts. it is like some sort fast edited garbage movie! Is Krishna's Key worth it?

message 18: by Pooja (new) - rated it 1 star

Pooja Jeevagan Siddharth wrote: "same thoughts. it is like some sort fast edited garbage movie! Is Krishna's Key worth it?"

Krishna Key is definitely way better; though not matches Chankya Chants...as for this book; fast edited; I doubt....there was nothing but a million name therein :(

message 19: by Laxmi (new)

Laxmi Lobo Total agreement with u Pooja. Can't introduce 200 characters in a 300 page novel with time zones from BC to current criss crossing at a pace faster than thought!!

message 20: by nikhil (new)

nikhil At many places the professor from " 3 idiots " came to my mind , " akhir tum kehna kya chahate ho ???" . If only it had less characters and timelines , it would have been even more interesting

message 21: by Pooja (new) - rated it 1 star

Pooja Jeevagan nikhil wrote: "At many places the professor from " 3 idiots " came to my mind , " akhir tum kehna kya chahate ho ???" . If only it had less characters and timelines , it would have been even more interesting"

Nice One!

Kunal Gwalani I just read this book and a lot of my thoughts are echoed in your review. I simply loved the Sialkot Saga and was hoping this would be as gripping as that but it did let me down. However, If i understand correctly Ashwin has only gotten better over time and his Keepers of the Kalachakra is a much better book too. So I do look forward to reading the Krishna Keys and Chankyas Chant

message 23: by Pooja (new) - rated it 1 star

Pooja Jeevagan Kunal wrote: "I just read this book and a lot of my thoughts are echoed in your review. I simply loved the Sialkot Saga and was hoping this would be as gripping as that but it did let me down. However, If i unde..."

I still being Chankya's Chant is his best work...I think I do own a copy of Kalachakra but haven't even gotten to start it after owning it for almost 6 months...hope you enjoy his rest; I did finish all his others pretty easily (except the one he co-authored with others, didn't even feel like trying)