Debra's Reviews > A Transcontinental Affair

A Transcontinental Affair by Jodi Daynard

did not like it

Where's the disclaimer on this story. I would like to be told in advance the story is about a gay romance. I wouldn't have wasted my First Read opportunity on this book. Everybody skirts around the elephant in the room (book), but nobody has the nerve to call it like it is. I am not a homophobe. I'm just tired of having the whole gay agenda shoved down my throat or in this case snuck into my bedtime reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Transcontinental Affair.

October 6, 2019 – Shelved
October 6, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 11, 2019 – Started Reading
October 18, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Karen (last edited Oct 30, 2019 01:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen The first words in the editor's note about this book on Amazon are "two women fall in love". If you are so sensitive to certain content, it's on you to do your research before you pick your free book each month from Amazon.

Nykea Mcintyre I agree Karen. In addition, the book does not "skirt around the issue". It is written in the 1800's when homosexuality was not talked about. I also thought that the issue of homosexuality was tastefully done. It was graphic or innapropriate in my opinion. But it is one's own responsibility to know what they are reading. this negative rating is unfair.

Helen L it's in the description you nut