Morgan's Reviews > Return of the Temujai

Return of the Temujai by John Flanagan
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Return of the Temujai.

October 5, 2019 – Shelved
October 5, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 29, 2019 – Started Reading
November 1, 2019 – Shelved as: books-i-ve-read-in-2019
November 1, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Tricia Mingerink Yay!!!! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it!!! :)

Morgan It was so good! I was about halfway last night, planned to read a few chapters, but instead finished the whole book. Man, it got intense there for awhile.

Tricia Mingerink That ending!!!!! So good and bittersweet and intense and awesome!

Morgan Oh, yes! The poor Heron! :(

Tricia Mingerink *Minor Spoilers ahead for those who haven't read the recent Royal Ranger Books or Return of the Temujai yet*

The author did foreshadow it in the recent Royal Ranger books (I don't remember if it was in the Red Fox Clan or Duel at Araluen). It is mentioned that the Heron was getting old and would need replacing sooner rather than later. That line stood out to me at the time, and I guess I know why he put that in the book now! I guess what happened in this book was the best end that could have happened for the poor Heron!

Morgan *spoilers ahead*

I guess I forgot that line. At least it ended as a hero, if you can say that for a wolfship. It made me almost as sad as Tug in The Lost Stories. But not quite.

Tricia Mingerink Yeah, it was almost as sad as Tug in The Lost Stories, but not quite. Maybe because it is a ship and not a horse. To this day, I can't bring myself to re-listen to that story in The Lost Stories. Tug reminds me too much of my own first pony, Buddy, who died very suddenly far too young for a horse.

Morgan Aw. Poor Buddy. Yeah, I really didn’t like that particular story, even though I loved the rest of Lost Stories. It’s just too sad.