Peter Cornwell's Reviews > Piaget’s Last Fear

Piaget’s Last Fear by Vladimir  Jankovic

Read 2 times

I thought that I could not argue with Irena, one of the characters in this book, who claims that "after thirty, a man is met by a cultural holocaust," because after thousands of years of human culture, and over a hundred billion people who have ever lived, authors have begun to run short of original ideas. Every story, every movie plot, every sound has already been written, filmed or played. My position on this matter was, more or less, like Irena's, but after finishing "Piaget's Last Fear" I must ask myself: "Is it, really?"

My unforeseen change of heart came from "Piaget's Last Fear" itself. I had never (ever) heard, seen or read a story like this. The plot, the twist and the "insane" astonishing ending, everything left me speechless and made me finish the book in three days. And that was what I least expected when I bought the book, in the middle of a working week (hence the advice: If you plan to buy this book, do it on a Friday). It was like those rare movies, which you start watching out of pure curiosity and finish them with your eyes and mouth wide open.

The only thing I didn't get used to was the names of some characters in the book, which have an Easter European spelling (e.g. Irena instead of Irene, and Viktor instead of Victor) and some other names that (for me, personally) are hard to pronounce. But I do understand the author and his motive to remain as authentic as possible to the story set in the shattered Balkan countries.

All in all, "Piaget's Last Fear" is a thrilling, engaging and unexpectedly good journey.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Piaget’s Last Fear.

Finished Reading