Tiffany Readz's Reviews > Dreams of 18

Dreams of 18 by Saffron A. Kent

3.5 Stars-A Little Tough to Take

As one of my absolute favorite genres, age gap, I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into Violet and Graham's story.

Violet is a girl that isn't the "norm" in her own eyes. She's nothing like her beautiful sister and constantly dwells on that fact. It doesn't help that she had a rough start in life, something that she's reminded of every day. Violet likes to journal, eat lollipops and watch her new neighbor Mr. Edwards.

Mr. Edwards moved to Connecticut for his son. Actually, everything he has done has been for his son, to make up for the father he didn't have. Graham Edwards is gruff, not looking for friends and definitely not looking for the girl next door. That's nothing but trouble.

One night, one kiss and the world Violet and Graham knows changes in an instant, right along with our strong, quirky girl. This I was disappointed in. How quickly Violet lost her true self to Mr. Edwards. While he stayed in his bull headed ways, she shrunk like a violet, acting nothing like we saw in part one.

I was a fan of the beginning, the middle was meh, as well as the end. While I love the age gap genre, I like the younger person to be strong and not make it seem like they are taken advantage of in a fragile state, which is how it felt most of the time with these two. The sex scenes weren't necessarily sexy, but funny with the gross descriptions of her lady parts. I did start to skim those after a while.

The book is well written and I'm sure age gap is hard to pull off without sending that creep meter to red. Along with Violet and Graham, there are enough supporting characters to help the story out and keep it interesting. Dreams of 18 reads as a standalone.

Reviewed for Renee Entress's Blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of 18.

Started Reading