Jim Cabaj's Reviews > Acid for the Children: A Memoir

Acid for the Children by Flea

When Flea, puts out a book titled Acid For The Children, it got my attention right away. I really didn't know anything about the entertainer other then I enjoyed the movies he was in and love Red Hot Chilli Pepper music. I was in for treat as I kicked back to read about the young man Michael Bazlzary and his evolution into being Flea. First this is no standard autobiography, this is an adventure ride into Flea's youth.
I was captured by his tales growing up. The crazy home life. The music around him that would assist later in life. I enjoyed reading his journey from Australia to New York, and eventually California. Only Flea could tell you this journey.
Many readers may find some shock value in the book but shouldn't. Being a bit naive on the drugs in the book added to my learning about the time, place, and the world around.
I enjoyed hearing about Flea's musical influences and his love of jazz. His journey into rock, punk rock, and all the LA underground music.
I would enjoy reading a column from Flea reviewing books. His discussions on lots of books that influenced him was great. I think he could add a new prospective on books off today.
I would like to meet Flea. I think he would be fun guy to kick back with and no holding back look on life.
I enjoyed this memoir and reccomend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acid for the Children.

August 19, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
August 19, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
October 5, 2019 – Started Reading