Roberta's Reviews > Rules for Perfect Murders

Rules for Perfect Murders by Peter  Swanson

Thanks to Faber & Faber for the review copy!

I received a review copy of this one last year and read it as soon as I got it! I’m happy to say, I absolutely loved it! ⁣⁣
⭐️ 𝟒 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬! ⭐️ ⁣⁣
⁣⁣
As you probably know, Peter Swanson is my favourite thriller writer and I will read anything he writes! This one still doesn’t beat my favourite from him, #thekindworthkilling but it was a really great read! ⁣⁣
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝:⁣⁣
- The plot is so intriguing! I think the bookish community especially will love this one because the catalyst blog post is something which I can actually imagine being written - it is a very smart plot! I also loved all of the references to other crime books and want to go back and read everything mentioned! ⁣⁣
- It was short! This copy was around 300 pages. I need more short thrillers in my life, I feel like so many drag because of their length.⁣⁣
- The pacing was fantastic, it was compulsive and I read this one in one sitting⁣⁣
- The twists - this one really kept me guessing! ⁣⁣
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:⁣⁣
- I did predict the ending, and didn’t love it as much as the rest of the book. However I loved the rest so much that it didn’t really affect my rating too much! ⁣⁣
- As the murders in this one are inspired by classic crime novels, there are spoilers for these novels in here! Maybe look up a list of the books to see if you’re planning to read any of them before you start this one. ⁣⁣

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules for Perfect Murders.

October 4, 2019 – Shelved