Brenda's Reviews > Last Bridge Before Home

Last Bridge Before Home by Lily Malone

Jaydah Tully had always loved Brix, just as he loved her, but she couldn’t let him in. The life she led was one no one could know about. She was twenty-seven years old and still lived at home – but she couldn’t leave without her mother and sister. So Jaydah put up with it, hoping that one day things would change.

Brix Honeychurch was home in Chalk Hill for the weekend, helping his brother Jake at the farm. His winery three hours away was his life now, but he always had a lot of time for his family. Once again Brix caught up with Jaydah; once again they had the same old argument. It was frustrating for Brix, but also for Jaydah…

Until the day Jaydah came up with a solution. Would it work? Could the plan she’d come up with save the three Tully women? And what of the man who made their lives hell?

Wow! Last Bridge Before Home is a breathtaking, heart-in-mouth read by Aussie author Lily Malone. My heart was pounding – I was so worried for Jaydah and her mum and sister. The horror of domestic violence is explored in Last Bridge Before Home; the gleeful pleasure the perpetrator takes over his victims is terrifying. The novel was captivating, delightful, funny in places – the darkness ebbed and flowed. 3rd in the Chalk Hill series, Last Bridge Before Home is one I highly recommend.

With thanks to HarperCollins AU for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Bridge Before Home.

October 3, 2019 – Shelved
December 15, 2019 – Shelved as: 5000-2019
December 15, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery
December 15, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
December 15, 2019 – Shelved as: romantic-suspense

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon Terrific review, Brenda. Can’t wait to read this one. Do you know if there will be a fourth one?

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Gerhardt Griffiths Great review, Brenda! I can't wait to start the first one in this series.

Brenda Sharon wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda. Can’t wait to read this one. Do you know if there will be a fourth one?"

Thanks Sharon, I have a feeling I read this is the final, which would make it a trilogy I guess :)

Brenda Sue wrote: "Great review, Brenda! I can't wait to start the first one in this series."

Thanks Sue, enjoy!

message 5: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon Brenda wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda. Can’t wait to read this one. Do you know if there will be a fourth one?"

😞