Sharon's Reviews > The Life She Deserves

The Life She Deserves by Maggie Christensen

bookshelves: 2020-reading-challenge, 5000-2020, aussie-authors, borrowed-from-library

This was a truly great feel good story about friendship and I just didn’t want it to end. I connected with the characters and I must admit my favorite character was, Col. Col came across as a true gentleman to me and he was a very likable character.

Jo and Col’s long life, friendship was just that, but sometime after Col’s beloved wife passed away, his friendship with Jo steadily grew and they both started to have feelings for one another. Jo had been divorced for the past five years and seeing as her ex husband had moved on, Jo knew there was no going back to him not that she had any intention of it. Following the journey of Jo and Col’s relationship was heartwarming, but then something occurs that brings it all to a sudden halt. Can Jo and Col sort out their differences before it’s too late?

I LOVED IT! This book took me longer to read than it should’ve because I kept setting it down because I really didn’t want it to end. Yes, I was enjoying it that much that I was savouring it as much as I could. A real delightful read and I’m so glad I came across this book. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life She Deserves.

October 3, 2019 – Shelved
October 3, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 13, 2020 – Started Reading
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020-reading-challenge
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: 5000-2020
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: aussie-authors
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: borrowed-from-library
January 18, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Lovely review Sharon.

Sharon Thank you so much, Dale.