Mickey Reed's Reviews > Wife 22

Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon

bookshelves: 2012, audio

3.5 stars.

So yeah.. this book is seriously long. A lot longer than I really feel it needs to be. Maybe the audio version is so long because she reads each email address over and over again and such. I honestly wish I would have read this one, but I did enjoy the narration of this audio book. Cassandra Campbell is not my favorite narrator, but she did a great job with this one.

Alice has a lot of problems, and she always thinks her kids have issues. She's having troubles with her marriage and hopes this marriage study will help. Alice definitely has too much stress, overthinks things a lot, and deals with some crazy things at work. She's an interesting character, but my favorite is Nedra. She's brilliantly funny, the voice of reason. Plus she's a lesbian. I love things against the norm! And Campbell's voice for her was very entertaining.

I kind of called the whole research thing. I was sad that after ALL of that, I predicted it all. But it all worked out so great, really. All the Facebook drama made this so modernly relevant. I wanted to enjoy this more, but I definitely liked this one. A great adult comedy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wife 22.

March 24, 2012 – Shelved
September 23, 2012 – Started Reading
September 23, 2012 –
75.0% "Listening to this one."
September 25, 2012 –