Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > The Furies

The Furies by Katie Lowe

liked it

Actual star rating: 3 1/2 stars

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Truth be told, The Furies gave me a combination of The Craft and/or Heathers vibe to it which is not too bad of a comparison since I loved both movies. The synopsis alone reveals a lot about what the book is about. I would have to say this was written well enough, but not enough to keep my interest. Needless to say, I continued reading since I did find the story intriguing. The Furies also delves into real issues that are currently being faced by many of young adults. Katie Lowe's writing incorporates these real issues into the story with direct respect, truth, and care. I found this dark coming-of-age story had depth and insight with a touch of mysticism. But, in the end of this book, was it "magic" or real.

I can say that this wasn't really "my cup of tea" per se, but The Furies had various elements, such as: mystery, witchcraft mythology, and coming-of-age elements, that kept me reading. Then, in the end, Katie Lowe leaves a thought-provoking and insightful ending that will give readers something to ponder over. The Furies is a good start for a debut novel.

Reviewer: Jasmine
Disclaimer: We received a free copy for an honest review. All is my own opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Furies.

September 26, 2019 – Started Reading