Andrea Stoeckel's Reviews > A Woman of the Road

A Woman of the Road by Amy Wolf

bookshelves: fantasy2019, fiction-2019, historical-fiction

“‘Once the dice are cast,’ said Jeffries, ‘the result cannot be reversed.’ He looked at each of us in turn. “That goes not just for Megs but us all.”

This is the story of Margaret Tanner, the abused daughter of the owner of a tavern, whose chance encounter with the “Tobyman” Charles Jeffries allows her not only freedom from the tavern and its denisons, but the opportunity to free others from their belongings as Megs, part of the “gang” that Jefferies heads up. Through the Black Plague, the London Fire and the religious fights over England, Megs has more freedom as a man rather than a woman. But what happens when Margaret falls for another highwayman?

Amy Wolf’s new trilogy takes us into the history of the mess of London’s political upheaval and is a well researched tale. I thoroughly enjoyed getting swept up in the adventures Megs has. I believe Wolf has a winner here. Will look forward to the next in the trilogy. Recommended 4/5

[disclaimer: I received this book from the author and voluntarily reviewed it]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Woman of the Road.

October 3, 2019 – Started Reading