Laura's Reviews > It's Not OK to Feel Blue

It's Not OK to Feel Blue by Scarlett Curtis

Let me start by saying I read ‘Feminists don’t wear pink and other lies’ and I loved it Scarlett Curtis is not only an eloquent and engaging speaker herself but she has a huge insight in to things we should all hear. She asks amazing inspiring people to share their truths. So I would have read this on that basis alone but as someone who has a history with mental health issues (and I don’t like the word issues by the way) first hand and have seen those around me suffer too reading this book was high on my agenda. Especially as someone who reads constantly to quiet her mind. The irony isn’t lost on me.

I’m going to keep this review short and sweet as if I don’t it will become ‘all about me’. This collection of stories, experiences, poems, advice are so important. Some made me feel uplifted, some made me sad, some were telling me things I couldn’t possibly understand but felt deep empathy for. Some took my breath away and a couple were like a flash of the brightest lightning and had me feeling a deep sense of recognition in that ‘oh my god, I thought it was just me who felt like that’ one was like a kick in the stomach.

I think this book will make everyone feel things and feeling things is something we all need to do more of.

Read this book.

I personally want to thank Scarlett and all the contributors because talking about this stuff makes other people understand and feel things, I know feeling things isn’t a great catchy line, but sometimes you feel nothing and feeling anything is a comfort.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not OK to Feel Blue.

October 3, 2019 – Shelved