Reading Tam Ishly's Reviews > Now Entering Addamsville

Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia

I am so glad I picked up this book today.
It's just perfect to start this month with such a witchy, ghostly, paranormal read.

And yes, I am so happy to read a book for the first by the author and I am not at all disappointed.

💞 What I consider really good about this read:

The characters and the chemistry between them (the good, the bad and the ugly alike!) and the events/situations surrounding them have been developed so well that you just do not want to stop reading in between.

Even though it's a YA read, I enjoyed it more like a middle grade read as the characters are more towards this particular age group in character representation as opposed to their ages mentioned.

The plot revolves around a particular family mistaken to be bad and destructive for the small town they were residing in. The father is in jail. The mother disappeared five years ago. The main protagonist, Zora, she has her mother's ability to see ghosts and she is a firestarter. For wrong reasons, she has been under scrutiny for a big accident that happened in the past causing deaths and loss. She, her sister, her sister's boyfriend and her cousin, Artemis somehow have to find a way to waive a disaster that is most likely to happen again with a firestarter hidden somewhere ready to strike again with the intention to kill many in the process.

This is a totally character driven story.
The characters seem too real like you are actually seeing them and listening to everything what they are saying. (The author is amazing! Her writing style just amazes me.)

The action sequences are done well. However, towards the later half I feel like injustice has been done to all the hype that was built up in the first half. As the conditions seem a bit too convenient for the protagonist as opposed to the first half.

The different characters are striking. Even the side characters are developed really well.
But yes, I do have some complaints regarding the sister, Sadie. She is represented as some kiddish like character for a 25 year old. And the character of the mother? And the whole story related to her?

I am not happy at all with something that is the main vein in the entire story to get just hushed up and not explained well in the end. It seems like the book has just to end while in between the characters, so many unnessary things are kept being explained.

My favourite character is, of course, the villain. I won't tell who or what.
You sneaky you💞

A good Halloween read.
Recommended ☕

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Now Entering Addamsville.

October 2, 2019 – Started Reading
October 2, 2019 – Shelved
page 13
3.53% "'Periods are not gross', Artemis said. 'They are natural.'

Way to go, girl!"
page 55
14.95% "You are one talented woman! This one is too good. I cannot stop reading this one. Too Halloweeny💀"
page 65
17.66% "BTS songs helping me read faster when the book slows down. Still enjoying this one. Ah, lovin my reader life☕ October, you do bless me"
page 201
54.62% "'The dark shape had eyes. The eyes were red pinpricks.'

I am not quoting more lines😓

This is getting creepy!!!! Goosebumps. These girls are really brave. Save me from the ghosts, eh firestarters!"
October 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Erin (new) - added it

Erin Cataldi I love this cover! And your review!

Reading Tam Ishly Thanks, Erin. I love the author too💃

COMPLETELY_BOOKISH Glad you liked it! Is this more of a horror novel or mystery novel? I’ve been thinking about picking it up.

Reading Tam Ishly It's more of a mystery read with titbits of paranormal moments, Completely_Bookish. You will enjoy it

Zeilenträumer I totally relate! I think my fav was Grim, but the villain wasn't bad, especially the ending made me crack up :D

Reading Tam Ishly Haha I am so glad you liked the book😍