Chris Huff's Reviews > One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp

I always feel a little weird saying that I like a book about tragedies, but I did.

I listened to the audio book form of this on double speed, so I'm sure I missed a lot. But I thought what I did absorb was excellent. The author writes passionately and transparently about both gut-wrenching and mundane circumstances, and encourages the reader to always give thanks.

Of course there's more to it than that, but that's the jist of it.

The only thing that I didn't connect to all the time was the extremely poetic style that the author writes in. I usually like deep, thoughtful writing, but this is almost over the top.

I liked the first few chapters so much that I'm listening to them again, only this time slowed down a bit. I think the author made some intriguing comments about the Eucharist, so I want to go back and dwell on them a bit more.

One little gem from chapter 1: "Choose to say yes to what [God] freely gives." A beautiful way to talk about receiving Jesus. I pray that we all would.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Thousand Gifts.

Started Reading