Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Of Curses and Kisses

Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon

bookshelves: arc-book-read, e-galley

One of my absolute favorite fairy tales is Beauty and the Beast and so, I might be more picky about re-tellings because, it really is such a classic. And even though I can be picky and maybe even a bit harsh sometimes in what I do and don't like when it comes to those that mess with such an amazing classical tale, I have to say, I still pick them up and read them like they are candy.

Of Curses and Kisses was no exception. Combine and classic retelling of my absolute favorite fairy tale and an author I already love and adore and you had one read that is pretty much irresistible to this girl.
And happily, I can say that neither the author nor the retelling disappointed.

I adored this book. The characters, the classic spin on an old favorite. The modernization, the diversity, the wit, the friendship, the family connections, truly, just all of it. Completely worth every single minute I spent reading it. So much fun and I am so excited it is going to be part of a series. I can't wait to see what she will do next with all of these fun loving and adorable characters.

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Curses and Kisses.

October 1, 2019 – Shelved
October 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 4, 2019 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
October 4, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Hardcover Edition)
October 21, 2019 – Shelved as: arc-book-read