Julie's Reviews > Calculated Reaction

Calculated Reaction by K.T.   Lee

bookshelves: 2019, e-book, suspense

Calculated Reaction by K.T. Lee is a 2019 publication.

Another thrilling episode in the ‘Calculated’ Series!!

K.T. Lee often creates stories based on our worst nightmares. The prospect of a problem, even a minor one, at an energy facility is enough to keep one awake at night. So, once again, I found myself on the edge of my seat as Alexis and Matt partner up, along with a trained dog named Waffle, in an intense undercover operation aimed at locating an explosive device.

Meanwhile, the chemistry between Matt and Alexis is so fiery, it could become combustible, but Alexis has a strict policy about dating her partners, which means the Matt is off limits-

I’ve read the first three full length books in this series, and so far, I’m really enjoying it. I love the combination of high stakes thrills and romance and all the couples featured, thus far. However, I think maybe Matt and Alexis is my favorite couple to date.

But another reason this book felt a bit more special was because of Waffle! A pet or animal always adds something to a story, but a specially trained dog like Waffle enhanced the plot significantly. I loved his role in this book. As always, there is lots of intrigue, and plenty of action packed into the story.

Overall, Lee packs a lot of entertainment a relatively small package and creates a nice balance between the mystery and the romance, without breaking the momentum. The smart ladies and clever gentlemen complement each other, and the banter is always quick and sharp.

Although there are some references to ongoing investigations and characters who appeared in previous installments, this book can still be read as a stand- alone. However, I recommend reading them all!! You’ll be glad you did!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calculated Reaction.

October 1, 2019 – Shelved
October 1, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
November 9, 2019 – Started Reading
November 9, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
November 9, 2019 – Shelved as: e-book
November 9, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
November 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)

message 1: by Shruti (new)

Shruti Wonderful review, Julie! ❤️❤️

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Julie! 💖😘

Julie Shruti wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! ❤️❤️"

Thank you, Shruti!! 💖

Julie Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! 💖😘"

Thank you, Mary Beth!! 💖

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Great review Julie, Waffle sounds cute! I also like it when they add a special dog to the storyline! :)

Julie Sandra wrote: "Great review Julie, Waffle sounds cute! I also like it when they add a special dog to the storyline! :)"

Thank you, dear Sandra! 💖

message 7: by Selena (new)

Selena Another great review Julie!

message 8: by Paromjit (new)

Paromjit Terrific review, dear Julie. 👌😘🧡

message 9: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee Fantastic review Julie - as ever! 🤗

message 10: by Dita (new)

Dita Wow, I love this review!

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen Terrific review, Julie :)

message 12: by Constantine (new)

Constantine Great review, Julie. Like you too, I love when a pet gets a significant part in a story. ❤❤❤

Julie Selena wrote: "Another great review Julie!"

Thank you, Selena!! 💖

Julie Paromjit wrote: "Terrific review, dear Julie. 👌😘🧡"

Thank you very much, Paromjit!! 💖

Julie Constantine wrote: "Great review, Julie. Like you too, I love when a pet gets a significant part in a story. ❤❤❤"

Thank you so much, Constantine!! 💖

Julie Jen wrote: "Terrific review, Julie :)"

Thank you very much, Jen! 💖

Julie Dita wrote: "Wow, I love this review!"

Thank you, dear Dita!! 💖

Julie Ceecee wrote: "Fantastic review Julie - as ever! 🤗"

Thank you so much, Ceecee!! 💖

message 19: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed!

message 21: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Langford Great review Julie !

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fabulous review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed!"

Thank you, Meredith! 💖😊

Julie Lucy wrote: "Great review Julie !"

Thank you, Lucy!! 😊💖

Julie Brenda -Traveling Sister host of The Traveling Friends wrote: "Terrific review, Julie!"

Thank you very much, Brenda! 💖😊

message 25: by Tina (new)

Tina A fabulous review once again Julie!! 💛🤩

Julie Tina wrote: "A fabulous review once again Julie!! 💛🤩"

Thank you, dear Tina!! 😊💖😊

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Julie!!👍💋💞😉

Julie Kat wrote: "Excellent review Julie!!👍💋💞😉"

Thank you, dear Kat!! 💖😊💖

message 29: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Sounds like a great series from your marvelous review, especially with Waffles.

Julie Deborah wrote: "Sounds like a great series from your marvelous review, especially with Waffles."

Thank you so much, dear Deborah!! 💖

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige Love pet characters too :) excellent review