Amy [Book Addict Reviews]'s Reviews > Curves Ahead

Curves Ahead by Andi Jaxon

Curves Ahead is an intense, suspenseful, emotional, swoon worthy roller coaster ride. No joke. This book had my emotions all over the place.

This book isn’t going to be for everyone. There are things that could be triggers, so proceed with caution when starting this one.

I am no stranger to Andi Jaxon’s books and honestly have loved every single one of them. If you have read Learning Curve you’ll recognize the main characters of this story. The heroine is Kristen, who is Ben’s best friend, and the hero is Alex, who is Alistar’s twin brother. This can be read as a standalone, however, I believe that the story just flows better if you read Learning Curve first.

Alex Bennet comes across as a playboy, that he just doesn’t care about anything. But there is so much more to the man than what is on the outside. Yes, he is a law enforcement officer but he does so much more, especially for the community he lives in. His past broke my heart, but provides lots of insight into why he does the things he does.

Kristen. That girl. I loved her so much, but my heart also broke for her and everything she had experienced. It was heartbreaking, but I also loved that she tried to overcome it. Her life wasn’t easy, it never has been. She struggles with nightmares and her family, well they are just a piece of work. I was not a fan of them at all!

I loved the relationship between Alex and Kristen. They enjoyed getting under each other’s skin and it lead to some pretty great banter, but also there was a sense of protectiveness that Alex over Kristen and he knew there was something about her that was just different. They had great chemistry whether they were hating or loving each other.

This book broke my heart, but it also pieced it back together. If you’re looking for a romance full of emotions and suspense this is definitely one that I would highly recommend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curves Ahead.

September 30, 2019 – Shelved