Arthur's Reviews > Poetry Is Not Dead

Poetry Is Not Dead by Cristina Isabel

"Poetry Is Not Dead" by Cristina Isabel offers the reader poems on a variety of topics and styles. She has written four other poetry books, "A Sudden Terror: series, and a forthcoming "Graffiti" series, in addition to a Memoir, also in the works.
The first poem "The Way the Night Calls Me" is about a vampire. Well-written indeed, but I wondered if I was in for a somber read. Fortunately, that was not the case.
The tone lightens quickly, and there are many poems that are memorable. the title poem is one of them. Poetry is “.The absences (voids) of people./Or the presence of someone.” Throughout the books, opposites appear, not as a deadlock, but rather to show how life is full of contradictions to handle.
"The If, Why" continues this dichotomy “If failing makes me Stronger. why does my Heart beat weak?” The "Image of a Rose" does also, and expresses hope “When the rose has finally lost its touch/There will be another to replace it.”
" Broken Marriage" expresses resignation instead of hope. Its economy well-chosen words handles the theme very capably. Isabel’s word choice is excellent throughout the book.
I heartily recommend this book to readers, especially those unaccustomed to poetry It will be a good introduction of the genre for them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poetry Is Not Dead.

Finished Reading
September 30, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Cristina Isabel Thank you so much Arthur!