Ash Rocketship's Reviews > Captive Prince

Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat

bookshelves: 2019, favorites

When I opened this up and there was like, a cast list and maps I felt an immediate, bone-deep "Ohhhhh noooooooooo" because I am so, so bad at reading those kinds of books, but I ended up very rapidly and easily invested anyway! The writing is just very solid and very sensual in both the literal and sexy ways. The characters and the conflict are both interesting and it's extremely easy to stay engaged in the story because Damen's narrating is really well-enunciated while never dragging. Pacat knows when to cut away from idle stretches of time without losing the sense that time HAS passed. Also, very very enthused to read something like this where the tension is allowed to stretch and last. I get so, so, SO bored when romance novels pay off too early (and so many of them do!) but that wasn't a problem here and I am hoping (fingers crossed!) that it won't be at all, since I did just pay the most I have ever paid for a Kindle book to get the next one in the series. A very good time! Hoping for more of it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive Prince.

September 30, 2019 – Started Reading