Wulfwyn 's Reviews > The Sun Down Motel

The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James

bookshelves: netgalley, fiction, berkley, horror, mystery, thriller

Wow! The ghosts came out and all the lights went on in my house. Then I realized lights don’t work against ghost and I almost cried. This book was a roller coaster ride between intrigue and horror. I wanted to know about the ghosts even though I was terrified of them. The mystery is layered. Ghosts. Murdered women. Missing women. It is told from two views, Viv in 1982 and Carly in 2017. They both are looking for answers. They both are haunted by the ghosts.
As a child I traveled a lot in summers with my family. We stayed at many of these type motels. Some of them scared me. They just looked bad and gave me the heebie jeebies. Even now, I hate walking the hallways in hotels and corridors of motels. After reading this I’m not sure that’s going to continue to be a problem. I’m not certain I could sleep in one now.
I was able to picture the Sun Down perfectly. I could totally see all the ghostly happenings in my mind. I loved the chills it gave me. I found the mysteries interesting. I wasn’t certain either Viv or Carly would get the answers they sought. There were several people involved that I wouldn’t trust. I enjoyed the way the story unfolded as well as the twists and turns it took. I would definitely recommend this to my friends who were looking for a good story. I might even tell them it’s a good book to read on vacation..in a motel, because I’m funny like that.
I received an electronic uncorrected copy of this book, from NetGalley, for review purposes. I voluntarily reviewed it. I recommend it because I really had a hard time putting it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sun Down Motel.

September 29, 2019 – Shelved