Sjgomzi's Reviews > Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked

Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked by Christa Carmen

bookshelves: read-list-2019

My favorite short story collection of the year! I was blown away by this book. Christa Carmen is a future horror superstar. Gorgeous writing, beautifully written characters, and scary as fuck situations make up one of the finest author debuts I have ever read. It actually makes me sad she has no other books out there at the moment. I am counting the days till she finishes her novel, which I promise to buy and read the day it’s published. My highest recommendation. I plan on pushing this book on anyone who’ll listen for the foreseeable future until everyone’s had a chance to read this horror gem, and Carmen gets the audience she deserves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Borrowed, Something Blood-Soaked.

September 29, 2019 – Started Reading
September 29, 2019 – Shelved
September 29, 2019 –
page 39
15.98% "This is soooo good! 😃 Beautiful writing bathed in an atmosphere of genuine creepiness. The second story, Red Room, made me feel very uneasy, in broad daylight with the birds singing outside the window. I’m impressed!"
page 131
page 151
61.89% "“My piglets have come home to sty.”"
page 175
71.72% "“Gimme some sugar, baby.” Oh boy, did this story make me smile! 😁"
October 3, 2019 – Shelved as: read-list-2019
October 3, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Trish (new) - added it

Trish Based on your updates and review alone, I'm reading this next year in Spooktober with my friend (we're already booked for this month).