Ritu Bhathal's Reviews > My Husband's Wife

My Husband's Wife by Amanda Prowse

Thank you, Amanda Prowse... you have done it again!
I have been working my way through Amanda's back catalogue, as I am a huge fan of her more recent books, and hadn't read some of her earlier books, and as always, I was captivated by the story. In fact, I devoured it in a few hours.
Amanda has a way of portraying situations that any one of us could be living through at any given time and placing the reader right at the heart.
This time we meet Rosie, who is a content wife and mother of two beautiful, boisterous girls. Sure, after twelve years of marriage, and two pregnancies, she might not look as svelte as she once did, but she was happy, her and Phil.
They had everything they needed: a family, a roof over their heads and each other.
Or so she thought.
Crushed when Phil decides this life isn't for him, Rosie is left with her two girls and an empty space where her husband used to reside.
She copes until even the girls are no longer by her side.
Oh, how I want to go on and on about the nuances of the story, and all that poor Rosie has to endure, and oh, that other woman... (I wanted to go and slap her on Rosie's behalf!) but I shan't as it would be an injustice to anyone who is yet to read this book. Only know it is not just about loss, but the strength of a woman, too.
And if you haven't, you most definitely should!
Definitely a five-star book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Husband's Wife.

September 29, 2019 – Started Reading