Robyn's Reviews > No Time to Say Goodbye

No Time to Say Goodbye by Kate Hewitt

6209444

Kate Hewitt never stops amazing me with each new book release. I am such a huge fan and at this point, I don’t even need to read a synopsis of a book as long as it has Kate Hewitt’s name on it I am going to NEED to read it. Hewitt has such a way of immersing her readers in her signature style of emotionally heartbreaking and tearjerker storylines. With her newest release, No Time to Say Goodbye, Hewitt has really upped the game and the tears with a story that will completely break your heart.

A theme that stands out from this storyline is how do you survive the loss of a loved one? How do you survive grief? I think these are two important questions we have all asked ourselves with the death of a loved one.

The first chapter of this story really pulls you right in immediately with its raw emotion, vulnerability and realism. Nathan West’s wife, Laura is killed in what seems like a random act of violence. With three daughters left without their mother, Nathan is left to pick up the pieces and try to hold his family together while they each go through their own form of grief. Nathan is also struggling with the knowledge that his wife was keeping secrets from him, namely that she was volunteering at a refugee center. Did Laura tell him and he just didn’t pay attention or did she hide it from him knowing he would never understand her need to help?

Searching for answers Nathan seeks out Maria, a Bosnian refugee with her own tragic past who also volunteers at the refugee center and was friends with Laura. As Nathan, his three daughters and Maria’s lives become entwined the healing process slowly starts to begin, but is Maria hiding a secret? A secret powerful enough to destroy Nathan’s fragile family? What really happened the day Laura was killed and an even better question is why?

Kate Hewitt is one of the greatest storytellers right along with some of the biggest names in the industry such as Jodi Picoult and even Nicholas Sparks. Her stories are so powerful and deep often times tugging at your heart and make you cry. No Time to Say Goodbye is definitely another top read of 2019. At this point Kate Hewitt is probably always going to be on one of my yearly top of the reading list. Hewitt is definitely a force in the writing community. If you haven;t figured it out by now, YEs this is a definite five star read for me and one I hope every reader will want to pick up a copy and immerse yourself in a truly remarkable story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Time to Say Goodbye.

Started Reading