Nicola's Reviews > All The Rage

All The Rage by Cara Hunter

U 50x66

A tightly plotted crime thriller that follows DI Adam Fawley in his team as they investigate reports of young girls being abducted from the streets in horrific circumstances.
Unlike some police procedurals All The Rage places the reader in the middle of the action, and I felt like l was watching the investigation in real time with twists and turns as new information comes to light. I liked the use of different forms of information such as chat screenshots and court and police interview transcripts to give a real life feel as the story unfolds. The book has a big cast of characters and uses their different perspectives to tell the story. This works well without it being confusing to follow, and adds depth and interest to otherwise relatively minor characters.

The novel starts with the narrative of a creepy stalker who is watching one of the characters. Cara Hunter portrays the irrational mindset of a psychopath who seems to think their chosen victim is somehow answerable to them. The identity of this individual is not known until the end, and I put this book down wanting to read more to find out what they were going to do next.

The main story focuses on the police investigation into the abduction and assault of young girls. The first “victim”, Faith, denies anything happened but the police still need to investigate. The stakes get higher when another girl goes missing. There is also a secondary plot line about the historic investigation into the “Roadside Rapist,” and the reader is left guessing to how it all comes together.

Each chapter ends with a hook that ramps up the suspense and kept me turning the pages. I suspected a few of the characters, but was surprised when the truth started to emerge.

Another great read from Cara Hunter. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to read this book in advance in exchange for my personal review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All The Rage.

Finished Reading