Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > American Love Story

American Love Story by Adriana  Herrera

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third book in the series and I would definitely recommend that you read them in order, as knowing each friend's story builds into the whole. We knew that Patrice and Easton has met last year ... now to see what can happen next!

I would say that all these books have brought to attention issues about colour and race that many readers will have never considered. This story does it in a far stronger way than the previous two, but maybe that is because Patrice holds himself and everyone else to an impossibly high standard and as a university professor has more widespread clout that the rest of the Dreamers. He is so focussed on what he considers he must do, that he is determined to pass up the chance of a real relationship with Easton. And that is even more true due to Easton being an ADA. For the first half of the book we do get a lot of information conveyed by both leads from their thoughts and beliefs, rather that their actions and conversations. In fact one might say this is a particular failing on both their parts - even if for somewhat different reasons.

Once they finally let down some walls, the story speeds up a bit, and we get to enjoy a passionate relationship ... even if only until Patrice shuts down again! Thankfully his friends have the best intentions for both men at heart and eventually P gets the message. I am not sure I would have been as patient as Easton, but given his family background, maybe his tenacity was understandable.

Another good addition to the series, and does a good job of raising some difficult but important ethical questions.

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Love Story.

Started Reading