TINNGG's Reviews > Immortal Born

Immortal Born by Lynsay Sands

Hmmm... well, other than the apparent ditching of the family tree (it's not on her website anymore and here we have an error). I mean; last I read, Etienne was Victor's nephew and here it's stated that they're brothers.

And oh, DJ spoke perfectly normal English when we met him so why would he need to learn to use contractions? He's just a bit over a century; not a millennium.

And the whole hymen discussion happened a while back, and it was said that no; it wouldn't grow back. Now they're saying that if the newly opened door isn't held open for half an hour or so, it'll grow back?!

Trivial stuff I know, but details tend to bug me a lot.

So our H, who I don't recall meeting in Scotty's book - did I miss something? Is flying into Canada because Marguerite has found him a lifemate...or something. Only, he's gotta rescue her since she's in the ER. Now, I must ponder why Marguerite left the girl to flounder 'til she could import her a mate instead of getting more immediate help. But we're supposed to run with it so... the H goes to rescue her from the hospital along with someone else we're supposed to know but I have no idea who this person is. (note that I've read all of the previous books as soon as they came out once she settled with Avon publishing). So...they go. Only, the h knows what an immortal is so runs. Not far mind you. She goes home to fetch her bags and the kid, only to run into rogues.

Much drama later (this one was v. light on the humor - good since so many of the later books drift into stewpid, but I started this series because it was funny), the h is turned, kidnapped, rescued - sort of, and we have a HEA. Bonus - a loose end from Basha's old life is taken care of.

I mean; if you were just reading this one, having never read any of the others, it's a pretty decent read. I'd almost say you'd be lost though but maybe not as there doesn't seem to be that much connection to the rest.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal Born.

Finished Reading