Barb's Reviews > The German House

The German House by Annette Hess

F 50x66

“The German House” by Annette Hess is the story of Eva Bruhns who lived in Frankfurt during the war and who, in 1963, has been asked to be a translator during the Frankfurt Auschwitz Trials. Her family will not talk about the war, nor acknowledge what truly took place during that time. What was their involvement at that time?

Now the city of Frankfurt has been reinvented. New buildings have been built the ravages of was and bombings have been erased and Eva’s parents expect her to marry her wealthy suitor. But the longer the trials go on, but more Eva questions what really happened at Auschwitz and Germany during the war. Her goal is to bring the accused Nazis to justice.

I felt at times that the justice system was not fair to those who had endured the horrors of the prison camp and the smugness of the accused officers and Nazi personnel just infuriated me. I know that this is a fictional account, but I’ve no doubt that much was overlooked after two decades. The desire to just “move on” was too great.

I downloaded a Kindle copy of this book from NetGalley.com in return for my personal review.
You can find this review on my blog at https://wp.me/p2pjIt-z0. Reviews of other books can be found at http://imhookedonbooks.wordpress.com.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The German House.

Finished Reading