Kristen Burns's Reviews > Daughter of the Siren Queen

Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller

3.5 Stars

Review:
Much like the first book, this was a book of pirates, sirens, action, adventure, and a bit of romance. I'm not sure why you didn't grip me quite as much as the first one, but it was still good.

This time, Alosa was back on her own ship with her own crew, so we got to know her crew more. The six-year-old daughter of one of the men was just adorable! We also got to see more of Alosa's compassionate side, what she's like as a captain, and how much she cares for her crew members.

There was also the continuing romance with Riden, but, to be honest, I felt like there was more heat and chemistry in the first book, maybe because there was more tension between them then.

This one had more sirens though! We got to learn more about them and their abilities, so that was cool.

And, once again, the audio narration by Marisa Calin was well done and enjoyable.

I don't really have that much to say about this book, but I am liking this series so far. It's fun, I like reading about pirates, I like the whole half-siren thing, and I look forward to seeing what's going to happen next!

Recommended For:
Fans of Book 1 in Tricia Levenseller's Daughter of the Pirate King series. Anyone who likes YA, pirates, sirens, and a bit of banter-y romance.

Original Review @ Metaphors and Moonlight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Siren Queen.

September 16, 2019 – Started Reading