Jessica Roessler's Reviews > Broken Promises

Broken Promises by Aimee Noalane

This is my very first read by author Aimee Noalane, and I just have to say that I am so thankful that I gave this book of hers a chance, because I loved it!
Aimee has done a perfect job of creating a story that will suck you in from the very first page.
Going in, I really was unsure what the story would be about. The blurb is rather vague, but I think that going into this book not knowing very much is the perfect way to begin.

Our two main character's, Aubrey & Micah meet one another through Aubrey's twin brother Vincent. While Aubrey was away at school, Vincent had found a new best friend, and girlfriend. When Aubrey is back for a visit, she goes out with Vincent, because she wants to spend as much time with him as she can. Little does she know that the birthday party they are attending is for the guy who soon would become her everything.
Micah has lived a tortured life. You find out early on that something traumatic happened within his life, and he has a hard time feeling worthy of the friends who love him so dearly. He spots Aubrey that night at his birthday party, and while Vincent tells him that he can't be with his sister, Micah can't stay away.
&That begins Micah &Aubrey's story. There are twists and turns you wouldn't expect in the slightest. There are moments of just desperation where you can feel all of it in your heart and soul. Aimee is managed to write a book that not only has emotions pouring from the page, they take a firm grasp on the reader. You are going to feel everything in this book, and I think that it makes this story THAT much better.

Those final chapters in this book were so heart wrenching. It is rare that I feel so much emotion while reading. But, something about Micah & Aubrey, along with Aimee's excellent writing, I couldn't help the emotions that were gripping me. While writing this review, I am remembering everything about that cliffhanger ending, and it is reminding me just how badly I cannot wait for book 2. I seriously can't. I will be waiting as patiently as I can for the date of book 2.
&I think that as soon as I get a minute, I will explore the other titles that Aimee has out, because it seems like this author is going to be one of my new favorites!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Promises.

Finished Reading