Aimee's Reviews > The Wedding Dress

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

Mar 23, 2012

Read from March 23 to 24, 2012

Charlotte Malone is at an estate auction and finds herself bidding on and winning an old trunk for one thousand dollars. She has no idea what posessed her to buy the trunk but when she opens it she finds a beautiful wedding dress inside. Charlotte becomes interested in the history of the dress and so she begins to try to find out where the dress came from and learns of the other woman who had worn the dress before her. The story is filled with love and loss and Charlotte ends up learning about the dress and a lot more about herself.

I am usually not a big fan of Christian Fiction, but this was a wonderful read. I loved Charlotte, she had been through a lot in her early years and came through it strong and confident in herself. She is now the owner of a successful bridal shop and I loved reading about her store and all of the wedding dresses. Charlotte is engaged when the book begins and I really enjoyed reading about her relationship with Tim. What I liked the most was how mature both Tim and Charlotte were throughout their tough times. They were always considerate of each other and there were no harsh words or screaming fights. They acted like two mature adults working through a difficult time and I found myself hoping throughout the book that they would find a way to be together.

The story goes back in time to tell the stories of the previous owners of the wedding dress and the other women's stories were interesting and all of the different parts were woven together in the end to make a beautiful, magical story about one wedding dress.

The ending is wonderful and I found myself with a tear in my eye when I finished the book. It was so great to watch Charlotte open herself up to other people and to make a new family for herself. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a warm, touching story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Dress.

08/26/2016 marked as: read