Carvanz's Reviews > Never Got Over You

Never Got Over You by Whitney G.

20266662
I love a great alpha hole and James/Sean was perfect! He was so self-indulged, obnoxious and over the top I couldn’t help but laugh each time he blandly, casually fired another, or forty executives. His past left him a bit of an iron man when it came to emotions, until Kate walked back into his life.

description

Kate once lived a life filled with every luxury and a career as a professional cellist. But behind closed doors her life was anything but perfect, despite the smile she wore for the public. Meeting and falling in love with James gave her hope until that hope was gone.

description

While this has a lighthearted feel to it, it carries some deep angst between Kate and James. Their banter was fun - in a dry wit sort of way, which I really enjoyed, and the sizzling chemistry between them still raging after nine and a half years separation. As far as the plotline goes, there isn’t a lot of drama because this is all about these characters, their past and how they are handling being back in each other’s lives. It was perfect in every way.

description

There were some wonderful twists, some I foresaw and others that were a great surprise. The secondary characters, especially the employees, added to my overall enjoyment. I read this in one sitting and despite not having an epilogue, loved it all.

Dual POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Got Over You.

September 27, 2019 – Shelved