shri (sunandchai)'s Reviews > Realm of Ash

Realm of Ash by Tasha Suri

Full review on my blog!

First off, I would like to thank the publisher, Orbit Books, for sending me this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I looked up after finishing this long anticipated read, my head was full of a heaviness and my ears were ringing; I’d been lying on my bed for four hours straight, reading like a woman possessed, and I hadn’t realized it until after I read the last words, put down my iPad, and released a heavy breath towards my ceiling.

Flaying the contagious second-book-syndrome open and leaving it in the dust, Realm of Ash is not only a worthy successor to the enthralling Empire of Sand, but, in my humble opinion, surpasses it. Tasha Suri burst into the industry with compelling prose and a penchant for exploring facets of humanity, and Realm of Ash is evidence of a loving cultivation of those strengths.

Realm of Ash is a tale of people learning to belong to themselves while being shaped, both willingly and unwillingly, by forces beyond their control. It’s a story that left me aching to my core while my soul lifted a couple of inches out of my body. I can’t say I expected any less, but no amount of preparation could have left me less effected. Honestly, if I were able to give this book more than 5 stars, I would not hesitate to do so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Realm of Ash.

September 26, 2019 – Started Reading
September 26, 2019 – Shelved
October 10, 2019 –
55.0% "im dying a very slow, painful, utterly blissful death"
October 11, 2019 – Finished Reading