Caleb's Reviews > I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919

I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 by Lauren Tarshis

M 50x66

Read 2 times. Last read September 27, 2019 to October 4, 2019.

I Survived The Great Molasses Flood (1919) by Lauren Tarshis is a very great book - one of the best I’ve read. If you like adventure, prepare to be at the edge of your seat. I do not like near the beginning of the book how it described the disease that plagued Boston. The main character and her dad have moved from Italy to the seafront of Boston. The main character, Carmen, is friends with a horse stable owner named Ms. Vita, and her favorite horse is named Rosie. After a sickness reaches her dad and he passes away, she goes to live with her best friend Tony and his 5 other siblings. Four months after she moves in, she overhears a shocking truth, so she runs to the only thing she can trust, “Rosie.” After riding her into town, Rosie runs off in front of a 2 million gallon tank of molasses to lick some off the sides when the tank explodes. Molasses covers the city. She finds herself alone, wounded, and floating above it all. Will she emerge from this a hero or dead? I find this book very interesting about how something so sweet became so deadly. I recommend this book for all ages, however, I do not recommend this book for people who do not like death. I give it 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919.

Finished Reading