Amanda's Reviews > Hole Lotta Magic

Hole Lotta Magic by Leanne Leeds

F 50x66

Charlotte has always struggled with being "magic" because her parents chose to bring her up in the human town of Mickwac with their animal shelter, though her parents allowed her to spend one week every summer at the Circus, but this was no ordinary Circus this is the Magical Midway circus, where Djinns man the food stalls and the horses might be kelpies or centaurs! Magic is abound, but having grown up essentially human when Uncle Phil passed away and Charlotte was made Ringmaster, with help from Samson the cat who is not just a feline familiar but the embodiment of the Magical Midway Charlotte starts a whole new magical life touring with the Magical Midway, every stop has brought new adventures and new characters and a future looming in front of them, though it has also brought love with Gunther.
In this installment we are still in Mickwac but we are missing w beloved character, Samson is missing! And theories abound as to who catnapped him, could it be the Witched Council, in a defiant step to bring the Midway down! Could it be Mickwac's criminal elite? Who seem to be more aware of all things magical than any human should be? Or as she looks deeper it could be someone closer to home?
Charlotte is really struggling with magic and humanity and combing the two! And trying to keep the Midway running without Samson's snarky guidance is hard going.if only she could wish for him to be home safe and sound.......where is a Djinn when you need one??
Then a pile of glitter is found, and chaos ensues!
Charlotte has to find Samson,, figure out who killed Jeannie and all around her the Magical Midway is running into chaos!

I loved this installment it is so full of action, it does not stop from the opening right till the promise at the end that the fun will carry on into book 8!
We are getting to know some of the newer characters the is she isnt she of Tabatha, but we are also learning more about characters we have loved since the start, Charlotte and her mismatched views of magic, where other in her position would go straight to magic every time she doesn't still relying on her humanity as a way of thinking, Fiona her oldest friend in the circus, is that a bit of the green eyed monster?!
Certainly if you stumble on to this book I think it would throw you for a loop, you really need to start at book 1 - Witchiest Circus on Earth, in my opinion you could not read these books as a standalone, you would give up . However if you start on book 1, you won't come up for air till you get to the end of this one, and then like me you will be aching for book 8! You will grow with Charlotte and Gunther and Fiona, Uncle Phil, Jeannie and all of the other great characters, because Leanne Leeds can do one thing well, and that is character building, her characters are amazing, you can really feel Charlotte's struggle to feel accepted and to be accepted as the Ringmaster, especially as though Uncle Phil is dead he is still here! We see the love blossom between her and Gunther and how they overcome the obstacles to be together., Her friendships with human friends and magical friends. Leanne Leeds is a fantastic world builder, I almost feel I could be visiting the circus (I wish I could!!!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hole Lotta Magic.

Finished Reading