Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > Shantallow

Shantallow by Cara  Martin

liked it

Actual star rating: 3 1/2 stars

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Let's see... How do I begin. Shantallow is broken up in to three parts. All of which is told in Misha's point of view. I would say that part one and three are set in the present. Then there's part two which goes into Misha and Tanvi's past and relationship... all before what took place in part one and what is taking place in part three. In the beginning, in part one, I guess it sets up the suspense of what is to come and what has been happening to Misha with regards to his nightmares. It is clear that there is a connection with his nightmares and what is happening with him and Tanvi. Then there is part two which read as a YA romance as readers are taken through Misha and Tanvi's relationship. When we get to part three, it starts off where part one left one... The kidnapping and such. Anyways, things go dark and creepy quickly as they are taken. And, I am not kidding when I say it got creepy... like under the skin kind of creepiness. It's giving me shivers as I write this review.

Shantallow has great word-building and well-developed characters which created a dark and chilling story creepy enough to bring shivers down my spine. The horror feel was a lot more prominent in part three; however, I did not care for the hurried ending. I felt that more needed to be told to end this horror story. In the end, I found that Shantallow is an intriguing horror story that will invoke all the spookiness and creepiness needed to get readers to hide under the covers...haha!!! This is a good read for the Halloween season!

Reviewer: Jasmine
Disclaimer: We received a free copy for an honest review. All is my own opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shantallow.

September 10, 2019 – Started Reading