Eric Estes's Reviews > Heaven on Earth: The Gifts of Christ in the Divine Service

Heaven on Earth by Arthur A. Just Jr.

Mar 22, 2012

Read from March 22, 2012 to October 22, 2013

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven on Earth.

03/22/2012 page 18
6.0% ""Worship is the celebration of the presence of salvation that has broken through Jesus Christ and now permenantly resides in the world. Salvation has come now—it is here today.”"
03/24/2012 page 30
10.0% ""Liturgy has been the primary way the Church has handed down the faith to future generations." (pg 27) Just thinking of this the liturgy is where I learned the Lord's Prayer, the Words of Institution, 1 John 1:8-9, Psalm 51:10-12, and a number of other passages. That's not to mention the three year series of lectionary readings."
03/31/2012 page 39
13.0% "This is a slow read for me so far. There are some quotable parts though."
05/02/2012 page 63
21.0% "The section on the connections between Passover/Seder with the Sacrament of the Altar is very good."
05/15/2012 page 98
32.0% "Chapter 5 in short: What we read in the gospels Jesus is still doing now wherever His Word is preached and Sacraments administered. Just describes this truth well."
06/01/2012 page 122
40.0% "Neat stuff on where we get the eschatological term "eighth day", that is the day of Resurrection from. I don't remember talking about that at seminary at all. I'm not sure that Peter referencing the 8 souls in the Ark as a proof text for "The 8th Day" is exegetically valid though. I'll need to give it more study and thought, but it's kind of a quibble overall."
09/25/2012 page 180
58.0% "Good content, but dry delivery. It's taking me a while to get through this one. I would still recommend it as it helps in our appreciation of the Divine Service."
10/22/2013 marked as: read