Energy's Reviews > Forever Lies

Forever Lies by Jill Ramsower

54301934

Alessia works for her father's company, and while she might be the boss's daughter, she doesn't use that to her advantage as she's starting off at the bottom. True she has a sleazy boss that shouldn't be around females, ever, but she's got him handled, at least, she thinks she does. Enter Luca, there's an instant attraction to him. There's something about him that makes her want to get to know him. But when she finds out he's in the mafia, she goes running, trying to forget the feelings that have settled into her heart. But forgetting a good man isn't easy to do.

When I signed up to review this I told Jill that I wasn't a huge fan of mafia romances but wouldn't hold my bias in my review. I think the problem was I just wasn't reading the right mafia romances because I loved Forever Lies! I think what I love about this is while the mafia is at play, the other aspects take up more of the book. There are so many things going on, it's a great balance of the two.

I'm a fan of Ramsower because she writes incredibly well-written, well-edited books with multi-dimensional characters. I liked that she included sexual harassment because it's a huge problem in the world that needs to be addressed. The chemistry between Alessia and Luca is intense, as Alessia says it "...I could feel parts of me going molten and fusing to Luca, welding us together." *super steamy*. I'm definitely keeping my eye out for future books in this series, very well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Lies.

September 23, 2019 – Started Reading