Ashlee's Reviews > STORYTELLER

STORYTELLER by M. Teresa Clayton

bookshelves: favorites

After reading STORYTELLER all I can say that it was different from all other stories I have encountered. From the beginning of each of the 9 stories, I found myself intrigued and dying to know what would happen next. Each story holds a mesmerizing tale, and in many cases they end with your mind still trying to create a “what's next” scenario. M. Teresa Clayton not only bends the normal world to her will, but fills it with things that many of us never could have imagined. She creates breath-taking plots that whisk you into far off worlds, pushing your mind to the limit as you become the characters that she has brought to life. Every second was a pleasure, whether I was admiring her characters or reveling in the scenario. It is imaginative and original, and I would not deem any of the stories as similar to ones I have previously read. They are new and fresh, filled with so many levels of entertainment that I can't possibly describe the feelings they evoke. In all honesty, though I had my four favorites, every single story was a joy to read. Plot and characters aside, it is even enjoyable just by the way that the story is structured. From diction to syntax, all the components worked together flawlessly to keep me hooked into what I was reading. So many times you read a story that has great concepts, but horrible organization, and you find yourself zoning out. On the other end of the spectrum, you have superb writing but two-dimensional ideas. To all who haven't read it, STORYTELLER has the perfect balance of both and you will not be disappointed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read STORYTELLER.

Started Reading