Limecello's Reviews > The Council

The Council by K.F. Breene

liked it
bookshelves: 2019

[note to self - from now on just WRITE THE REVIEWS WHEN YOU FINISH THE BOOK] anyway - writing all this on 9/29, like all the others in this series ... HOWEVER I actually remember (I think) what happens!

This starts with the crew rolling in on ... 😹 winnebagos to the council.
All those challenges.
The meeting of the one human dude.

All the fighting Sasha and Stefan have to do, individually. No romance really in this book - lots of set up for the next. So I took this from 3 stars to 2, because it's a lot lot lot lot of minutia. And that weird super [mage].

Also Tim and his crew - how Sasha gets fooled just seemed TOO obvious to me - not just in general but ... friend. You've already had SO MANY people after you?

I dunno. Obviously I liked it more than I didn't, but other than the sense of recalling a LOT lot of fights and her feeling of "there is decay here" and her meeting the one human guy who is a pet but not really pet - definitely not like the others - that ... I mean those were the key points.
[Other than that "twist" at the end...] ... although reading the summary of book 6 I guess I remembered the ending wrong and they already to rescue Stefan.
So the key parts are all hit.

C--

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Council.

September 24, 2019 – Started Reading