Brenda's Reviews > Darkness for Light

Darkness for Light by Emma Viskic

Private Investigator Caleb Zelic had succeeded in turning his life around. Tentatively reconciling with Kat, his almost divorced wife and finding the friends among the deaf community that he’d shunned, he was also in therapy and doing well. But the day he discovered a badly injured person on a visit to her house was the beginning of another horror period of his life – once again connected with his ex-partner Frankie.

Frankie’s life had spiralled out of control and when her niece was kidnapped, Frankie begged Caleb for help. But he had no idea who he could trust. There were people trying to kill him as well as others; cops had already been killed and the race was on to discover answers before more died. At the same time, one of his good friends who owned a café for the deaf was being targeted. Could Caleb help him while trying to sort out the mess his life had suddenly become?

An outstanding third novel in the Caleb Zelic series, Aussie author Emma Viskic has nailed it with Darkness for Light. An electric pace with spine chilling twists and something I definitely hadn’t been expecting near the finish, Darkness for Light would have to be Viskic’s best work to date in my opinion. Highly recommended.

With thanks to Echo Publishing for my ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness for Light.

September 24, 2019 – Shelved
January 11, 2020 – Shelved as: 5000-2020
January 11, 2020 – Shelved as: own-read
January 11, 2020 – Shelved as: thriller
January 11, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Carolyn Great review Brenda! This is turning out to be a really good series.

Brenda It sure is Carolyn - thanks!

message 3: by Brenda (new) - added it

Brenda Great review, Brenda. Caleb is an interesting character. I really liked the previous two books, and I'm looking forward to reading this one.

Brenda Thanks Brenda - this one was great! I think you'll enjoy it :)

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Bowyer Thanks for this review, it sounds fabulous! I'll be adding your recommendation to the Australian Women Writer's Diversity Round up for Jan 2020.

message 6: by Brenda (last edited Jan 21, 2020 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda Thanks :) It's the 3rd in the series Rebecca and in my opinion her best so far :)