Christian Faller's Reviews > Fast-Track Triathlete: Balancing a Big Life with Big Performance in Long-Course Triathlon

Fast-Track Triathlete by Matt Dixon

bookshelves: favorites

This is a GREAT book if you are a self-trained individual pursuing the Ironman dream or trying to shave off some minutes of your personal record. It is very detailed and in-depth and Matt puts a lot of focus on helping you understand the purpose of the sessions and what each element of training is meant to provide. I can't stress this enough because it is a key part of his approach. Other books that I've read pretty much only subscriped a training plan and I would follow it along as smoothly as I could but I hardly ever understood the value of the sessions I did. With Matts approach this is vastly different and it helped me a lot in figuring out the bigger picture of my season.

I have to add though that I think this is not the ideal book for somebody that is completely new to triathlon. It can and will seem overwhelming if you are just starting out and I think a beginner would be better off to read a more basic book and start out on his quest with a less specific training approach to just get rolling. Then, after a few months you might want to start picking up this book and refining your approach.

Again: this is probably one of the best, if not the best resource to craft a perfect training plan for yourself if you want to get really serious. But it can easily lead to you putting the whole thing off altogether if you have no previous experience and it can seem like a very daunting task at first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fast-Track Triathlete.

September 23, 2019 – Started Reading