Daniela's Reviews > The Marriage Bargain

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

Mar 22, 2012

liked it

Alexandria Maria McKenzie...Needs a man. A rich man preferably. A rich man that will marry her and help her save her parent's home that is going to be mortgaged soon, if their $150,000 debt is not paid off. Alexandria is fun, loving, stubborn, takes cares of others without asking for much in return and loves animals & the NY Mets.

Nicholas Ryan...Needs a wife. He's got a fortune at his fingertips, but comes to find out that his beloved Uncle Earl (The man who raised him), left it in his will, that in order for Nicholas, to gain ALL ownership of their company, he needs to wed and keep his wife for an entire year. If not, Nicholas becomes only one third of the the companies owner. He's ruthless, intimidating, hates animals, loves the NY Yankees. He always told himself that he would never fall in love or marry or have kids, because of the state of his life growing up, He had a hard time trustng others and just didn't want the hassle.

Alexandria & Nicholas already know one another. They have one person in common already. Maggie. Alexandria's best friend, and Ryan's little sister. Growing up, together they've been through it all. Nicholas would tease them all the time and treat them as little kids. They know each others families and have known one another forever. When Maggie decides to intervene and make a suggestion that the both of them marry for the money, they both shake their heads at that. But, considering they have so much at stake and so much to lose, why not give it a go?

The Marriage Bargain is struck. Get married fast. Nicholas inherit his fortunes. Alexandria accept her $150,000. They will move in together and act as a married couple for a year. But they have rules. No sleeping or being seen out with other people, AT ALL. Will they be able to keep up their bargain or will they break it or worse yet, fall in love? Something they BOTH didn't want at all? Especially when unusual and unexpected feelings start to pop up. Can they keep their feelings at bay until they part for a year? Or do they both give in and see where it leads?

It was a really great read. Fun, light, and romantic. It showed you both sides of how two people would cope in a situation like this. I liked the book a lot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marriage Bargain.

March 22, 2012 – Started Reading
March 22, 2012 –
0.0% "On page 68 and I'm already loving where this story is going. Not to mention that they're fighting about the Yankees vs. Mets, which is hysterical to me, because I'm a huge Yankees fan! A lot of fun so far!" (ebook Edition)
68.0% (ebook Edition)
March 22, 2012 – Shelved
March 22, 2012 –
0.0% "is reading The Marriage Bargain: On page 68 and I'm already loving where this story is going. Not to mention that they're fighting about the Yankees vs. Mets, which is hysterical to me, because I'm a huge Yankees fan! A lot of fun so far!"
March 23, 2012 – Finished Reading