Anne Z.'s Reviews > Coldest Fire

Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross

Ahh... the beauty that is picking up a book and knowing it will brighten your day before you even start. That is what Juliette brings to the table every time. I never worry or wonder if I will like the book, I know I will. Coldest Fire was exactly what the blurb promised: a story of a good hearted angel ready for vengeance and to fight the world to make things right; a story of two souls that have been to hell and back and need each other to fully heal; a story of vengeance, but also passion and love :)

Uriel may come across to start as a moody and broody male, but he really isn't. He is an angel, a softy at heart. Always wiling to help and to protect those who need and those he cares about. And boy does he care!!! I think that is part of why he comes across so closed off at first, he cares a lot, he cares too much, and he is hurting bad from all that was done to him. But he is also healing, and going after the ones that hurt him is part of it.

Nadya if both the same and the exact opposite. Although she does not come across as closed off as he, she also feels too much and is hurting, she is also healing. Helping Uriel helps her.

They are both wonderful good hearted characters that you just wanna snuggle with - or at least I do. Yah yah, Uriel also happens to be a killing machine, but that is part of his charm.

Needless to say (for those that have read the previous books), Dom is my hero! the handful of scenes with him made me giggle and love him even more. He is incorrigible and I adore him for it. It was nice seeing the previous and well loved characters make an appearance.

Could you read this as a stand alone? sure thing... but I think that this time if you did you would feel like you are missing something. I would recommend you start from the beginning. This is just book 3, you can do it :)

All in all this was a fantastic read! The battle scenes were all well written - I specially loved Vladek's ending! The romance built up nicely and the chemistry was on point. There wasn't anything about the book that I did not like, it just didn't hook me in the same way my bad boy Dom did. Nothing will really... I like my bad boys and I know most of you will fall head over hills for Uriel. So Go Read! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coldest Fire.

September 22, 2019 – Shelved