Betül's Reviews > A Favor for a Favor

A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting

bookshelves: 2019, contemporary-romance, netgalley, arc, reviewed, sports-romance

**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**
description

The heroine Stevie is the younger sister of RJ, who is the hero in the first book of the All In series. She is left without a place to stay after an incident, and luckily her brother RJ has an empty penthouse where she can reside for as long as she wants. She meets her broody arrogant but very sexy neighbor Bishop the first day and things start off on the wrong foot. He is a member of Seattle’s NHL expansion team, of which Stevie's brother RJ is the new captain of. He assumes she is RJ's mistress and treats her not so nice, and he doesn't like RJ in the first place, so he is being extra about it. I really enjoyed their first meeting, because it also showed that Stevie isn't a woman you can treat like that and get away with it. There was definitely a strong attraction between them, but Bishop's attitude hinders from anything happening. After an injury Stevie offers to help him with rehabilitation and he accepts because he wants to get on the ice as soon as possible.

I enjoyed seeing both of them lower their guards and get the know each other. The pacing of their friendship/relationship was slow and steady, and I really liked that. Besides the growth in their relationship, I also liked seeing their personal development throughout the book. Both are dealing with some stuff and I was happy that those things were highlighted as well. I especially enjoyed the sibling love between Stevie and RJ, and Bishop and his brother Nolan. The side characters were great as well, and I am especially intrigued by Bishop's friend and teammate Kingston. I want to know more about him, and I really hope he will get his own book. A Favor for a Favor is a light and fun contemporary romance. The banter between Bishop and Stevie was great, and I think they make a great couple. I can't wait to read more books in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Favor for a Favor.

September 22, 2019 – Shelved