Alexa's Reviews > Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard

Mar 22, 2012

liked it
Read in March, 2012

Lunch in Paris is really excellent. I haven't had it since summer of 2009, but I remember loving it. Lunch in Paris, the book, is comme ci, comme ça. The writing is enjoyable and engaging, but the stories are so all over the place. I wish there had been more fluidity.

Some complaints. First, where the hell was the baby??? Some French guy said that Elizabeth looked pregnant halfway through the book and there was no follow up. I get that Elizabeth is bigger than your average French woman, but they kept talking about needing space for the baby and having a baby ... But there was no baby. Obviously Elizabeth didn't have a baby before the book was written, but I still expected one. Also, there was no matzo ball soup recipe. That was another thing they talked about a lot, so I really wanted it to happen. The last chapter was even about Passover! Where was the matzo ball soup???

The recipes did look amazing, though, and I can't wait to try them. I also can't wait to visit France and eat lunch in Paris again.

I still need to find a happy post-Hunger Games book. This wasn't it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunch in Paris.