Jena Henry's Reviews > Longing For Love

Longing For Love by D. Pichardo-Johansson

Readers, get ready to enjoy the 5th book in the Sunshine State series. I have enjoyed the first four books, with their humorous and fast-paced stories of modern and strong women looking for their best selves. Book 5, Longing for Love is subtitled “A Funny, Sweet and Sexy Romance, with a Medical Twist.” The author tells us in the About the Book section that her books “are sprinkled with laughter; tear-jerking moments; uplifting, inspirational moments and an occasional medical fact. The sex scenes pack heat and irreverent humor.” Longing for Love gives us all those great ingredients, plus some exciting thrills from an evil character.

I really bonded with the main character, Dr. Emery Love. She is smart and caring. After spending years in training and setting up her medical practice, she is ready for marriage to a successful man, and to have a child, especially since she had suffered through a canceled wedding. So why would she want Ethan Cadman- a cancer patient, unemployed, and infertile?

Well because he’s a heart-throb with a courageous spirit and feisty sense of humor. And he is madly in love with her. He tries harder than any book hero I know to win over Emery. I really liked that he first got to know her because he helped her renovate a Survivors’ Lounge in her office complex- a place for those recovering from serious illnesses to meet, socialize and support each other. But, it’s a long and twisting road for Ethan and Emery. They are helped by the “girlfriends” that we have gotten to know and love in the previous books, including my favorite, the vivacious Fe.

This inspirational romance delivers a passionate love story, with characters with heart, and plenty of interesting surprises and twists. Once again, D. Pichardo-Johansson has created a current and uplifting book that will delight you. The author is a doctor herself and she has dedicated her book to “all cancer survivors in the world, and to everyone who ever loved one of them.”

My heart-felt thanks to the author for a digital review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Longing For Love.

Finished Reading