Penny's Reviews > Coldest Fire

Coldest Fire by Juliette Cross

bookshelves: arc

Holy. Freaking. WOW.

I knew Uriel was going to be one seriously badass archangel set on revenge but damn! he totally blew me away with all his alpha badassery.

While the romance between Uriel and Nadya is a standalone and it can be enjoyed as such, I strongly suggest reading the first two books in this spinoff series, Darkest Heart and Hardest Fall. I’d even go as far as saying if you really want to know Uriel, starting with the Vessel Trilogy wouldn’t be a bad idea. Especially when it’ll explain in-depth how the world descended into the chaos, it is in and you’ll get acquainted with all the players on the board—good ones, evil ones and those in between.

Now, I don’t want to give anything away, so I’ll just say Coldest Fire is full of action with pit fights, combat and all-out battles along with an incredibly sweet romance and hot as hell sexy shenanigans.

Uriel is one powerful mofo, and although he was understandably closed off in the beginning after the ordeal he went through, he almost immediately found himself being melted by the lovely Nadya. Once he let himself start to feel and the more time he spent in the company of the witch, the attraction and connection they shared could not be denied. Uriel was a totally dreamy H, all gruff and broody, protective, bossy and alpha sweet.

“If you don’t want him, you best make it clear. Because, Nadya, when he comes for you, when he figures it out, it’s going to be a firestorm.”

I must confess that I was a little apprehensive at first about Nadya. You see, Ms. Cross writes the most kickass leading ladies ever, and I just wasn’t sure how sweet, caring and timid Nadya was going to fit that role. She wasn’t a warrior like Anya, Bone, or some of the ladies in the Vampire Blood series, but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t kickass. Her devotion to helping others, right wrongs, and her determination to keep Uriel safe even if it meant walking into her worst nightmare made her one hell of a fighter and I loved that about her.

Even though I was a bit disappointed Genevieve and Jude didn’t make even a small appearance to kick some demon ass, I absolutely loved everything about Coldest Fire. This was an epic ending to a superbly well done and incredibly interesting series and I hope to hear more from this gang sometime in the future.

*I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coldest Fire.

September 19, 2019 – Shelved