Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Unbeloved

Unbeloved by Madeline Sheehan

Not as riveting as some of the others in the series

I heard a podcast the other day discussing the merits of different points of view in a story, and it said that first person characters sometimes get caught up in their own heads.

That's how I feel about this book. I liked it. I liked reading more about these characters and this world. But, it didn't seem to keep the story moving at the same pace as the other books before it. I kept finding myself distracted. I was disappointed since I was a big fan of the first book in this series in spite of the fact that all three men who were interested in Eva in book one needed to drive off a cliff together to a fiery demise.

Anyway, I enjoyed the story of Dorothy and Hawk. I was hoping for a bit more drama with Jase being in the mix, but it was still good. And I thoroughly enjoyed the foreshadowing regarding ZZ, and the epilogue. I will definitely be reading his story, although I suspect he will be another "hero" that I hate and can't find redeemable. Because, as of right now? He is an irredeemable dumpster fire of a person. Shoots his brother. Shoots his other brother, and beats him up. Betrays the club. Joins the enemy. Kills people. And then, because there might be some tiny bit of a soul hiding that he just has to burn out of himself, he leaps into trafficking women (or so it seems, anyway). What a prize. I kinda hope his book involves some kind of hideous comeuppance. Talk about an HEA. ❤

Again, I got distracted...

This book was good. If you've enjoyed this series thus far then you need to read this book for sure. It isn't a standalone, and your enjoyment of it would take a significant hit if you tried to jump in here without reading the other books first.

Recommended!

Can't wait for ZZ's book to see what kind of completely deserved hell the author puts him through.

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbeloved.

September 18, 2019 – Started Reading