Connie Saunders's Reviews > Stitches in Time

Stitches in Time by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Suzanne Woods Fisher is a noted author of Amish fiction because of her knowledge of the Amish faith and lifestyle and she also understands that the Amish people aren't immune to the tempations and worries of the outside world. Stitches in Time deals with some heavy subjects: addiction, the increasing need of foster care in our society, and the dreaded C word: cancer. It isn't, howerver, a book of doom and gloom because hope and faith are very prevalent throughout this story. Fisher uses both Bible scripture and Amish sayings to relate the depth of the Amish faith and the strength of their absolute trust in God's Providence and I found my own faith boosted as I read them.

This is the second book of The Deacon's Family series and, even though I haven't read the first, I never felt lost in this story. Part of this is due to the Cast of Characters that Fisher lists in the front and part is her ability to weave past events into the present storyline. I wasn't familiar with Luke Schrocks' previous problems or his wife Izzy's past but Fisher made it easy for me to see how they were affecting the present and she also explained their previous relationship with Fern Lapp. Fern is a treasure and I especially loved her very wise observations about God, faith, and life in general.

I am so in love with this book! Stitches in Time is excellent Christian fiction and I highly recommend it for all who enjoy reading about the Amish. I am giving it 5 Stars and I look forward to reading the next book in this series.

This book was provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stitches in Time.

September 18, 2019 – Shelved